18 September 2007

Raw Horse Meat Volume II

Well I did it! I ate raw horse meat, 馬刺し. Not bad. Very tender and a pleasant flavor. The motivation was suprisingly high, as Megumi and I had just finished finalizing my status in Japan. Do to me having been in Japan previously, combined with the fact that we have been married for almost 7 years, I have a very good chance of getting a permanent residence status, according to the Immigration officer. Regardless, I am offically a tax paying resident in Japan.

But, I digress... Horse meat, raw, very tasty. I would eat it again. We had this meal at a tempura restaurant in Nagano-city. But, for me I always need beer to accompany raw fish, so in the same fashion I drank some Kirin Lager and had horse sashimi.

Megumi has the camera this week as she is taking a short vacation with her mother up in Tochigi prefecture. The pictures will be forth coming.

No comments: