03 July 2007

Rancho Palos Verdes & San Pedro




I had just finished donating some 5 boxes of clothing and dishes and felt the sudden urge to take some pictures of the coast along RPV and San Pedro. I am so glad that I did, as the preperations for our move to Japan is beginning to get me so excited that I am unable to focus on any one thing in particular. Driving down here and taking some of these pictures really gave me the chance to reflect on the beauty of the area and put the move behind me, if only for a couple hours.


Getting to this location is sometimes a little tricky, if you are unfamiliar with the area. But, fret not, often times there is only one road. And by following the coast you should solve any problems of driving in the wrong direction. From the location where I took the first couple of shots, I drove down approximately 1/2 mile and encountered some more beautiful scenery.


These last four pictures of Long Beach and the Long Beach Harbor were taken from a neighborhood in San Pedro. There is one other remarkably beautiful spot in this area, infamous for the large bell which was donated to the US from Korea as a token of peace. From this park you can overlook most of Long Beach, Catalina Is, and points south. San Pedro is a little out of the way, but if you are looking for some of the beauty which the southland offers, you must check it out!







1 comment:

Andy said...

Damn, beautiful down there. Sometimes I forget how amazing it down the LA way.
Found the blog. Very excited, got it book marked